Monday, 5th July 2021
Are you a member of the LGBT+ community and have been affected by the pandemic? Please spare 10-15 minutes for our survey!
Calling all members of the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland LGBT+ communities: we want to hear from you!
In order to refine our offerings, we’d really value you taking just 10 minutes to fill out our survey about how the pandemic has affected you, as well as your thoughts on the easing of restrictions and vaccinations.
If you aren’t already aware, we put out a similar survey this time last year, which enabled us to secure funding for our Staying Connected project. This project helped us to:
- Support 33 LGBT+ individuals across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland through online counselling session and accessing virtual social activities - 18 of these individuals were living in isolation or living with people who did not know that they were part of the LGBTQ+ community and had very little to no contact with people who they used to connect with before lockdown
- Tackle isolation and loneliness
- Provide mental health support to those who needed it
- Adapt some of our services to an online provision, e.g. virtual drop-ins, remote counselling sessions and support
- Deliver at-home STI testing kits through our remote assisted testing offer
This survey is a follow-up, with the aim being to provide a similar project this summer so that we can help yourself and others like you in the community. Please also share this survey with anyone else you feel could contribute.
We appreciate that filling in our survey may bring up difficult emotions and thoughts. If you need help and support or want to talk things over, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0116 254 1747. You can also find useful advice and more information on our blog.
This survey is anonymous and confidential. If you have any questions or would like to provide any further feedback, please email: email@example.com
Please note that this survey is for anyone who is aged 16 and over.
The survey can be found here.