Wednesday, 19th April 2017
The second agency we are showcasing as part of Trade Partnership Week is UAVA.
What is UAVA?
UAVA stands for United Against Violence and Abuse, and is a consortium of three local specialist providers of domestic abuse and sexual violence services.
The 3 providers are:
- Women’s Aid Leicestershire
- FreeVA – Free from Violence and Abuse
- LWA – Living Without Abuse
UAVA co-ordinate domestic and sexual violence services for any male or female over the age of 13 across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, and provide a variety of services, including:
- Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) services, including crisis intervention
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) services
- Family services (Leicester City only)
- Safe home and refuge services (Leicester City only)
- Perpetrator programmes (Leicester City only)
What do Trade currently do in partnership with UAVA?
Trade currently deliver counselling sessions for LGB&T men and women and heterosexual male victims of domestic abuse aged over 16.
To find out more about UAVA, visit their website: www.uava.org.uk or call their helpline on 0808 80 200 28 between 8am-8pm Monday-Saturday.
Alternatively, you can text them on 07715 994 962 or email email@example.com.