Thursday, 20th April 2017
Today, we will explore the new partnership that Trade has started to develop with Turning Point.
What is Turning Point?
Turning Point is the local integrated drug and alcohol service offering a range of information, advice, support and services, including:
- Group work
- Health and wellbeing services
- Relapse prevention
- Harm reduction services
- Needle exchange
They offer services across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, as well as offering a dedicated service to young people aged 24 and under through their Young People’s Hub, based in Leicester city centre.
What do Trade currently do in partnership with Turning Point?
The newly-formed partnership, will aim to:
- Increase awareness of the links between sexual health and substance misusing populations
- Raise awareness of the link between men who have sex with men (MSM), lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGB&T) communities, and substance misuse within both organisation
- Increase knowledge within both organisations of MSM/LGB&T and substance misuse through training
- Build care pathways for both organisations
- Train workers in MSM/LGB&T awareness and support services
- Support multiagency working relationships
Today, Salim and Veronica from Trade met with the team from Turning Point, which included Caroline Gadsby (Partnership Manager), Lez Jones and Chris Paling, to create an action plan for the next 6 months, which will start with a training and skills swap programme between the Trade and Turning Point’s Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland teams.
To find out more about Turning Point, visit their local website or call them on 0330 303 6000.
Alternatively, you can email LLreferrals@turning-point.co.uk.