Tuesday, 29th August 2017
Trade Sexual Health, in partnership with the St Philip's Centre, have been running a project exploring the interface between sexuality, gender identity and belief. Launched in November 2016, this event is the final stage of the project that will see the launch of the guidance document, which has been shaped by input from the launch and several shared conversations that we have hosted. The guidance document that details the experience of LGB&T people of faith and makes recommendations for how faith and belief communities respond.
A light buffet and refreshments will be available after the event.
The kind of people we are looking for to attend this event are:
- faith community leaders
- members of faith communities or congregations
- lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people of faith
- lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people of no faith
- faith and chaplaincy services and organisations, including committee members, other members and volunteers
- changemakers who feel passionate about issues around sexuality, gender identity and/or belief/religion.
The space which we will be using will be a designated safe space. All delegates and speakers attending this event should be free from intimidation or harassment, resulting from prejudice or discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, marital or maternity/paternity status, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, trans status, socio-economic status, or ideology or culture, or any other form of distinction. Trade Sexual Health and St Philip's Centre will ensure as greatly as possible the safety of all attendees. This will be further emphasised at the event.
To find out more about the project, click here.