Tuesday, 16th October 2018
National HIV Testing Week is a national campaign to promote regular HIV testing. It starts on Saturday 17th November 2018 and aims to reduce the rates of undiagnosed people and those diagnosed late. This year, national and local organisations run campaign events, provide extra testing opportunities, and promote HIV testing and prevention services like ours.
Key campaign messages:
- Testing is necessary to diagnose HIV and prevent onward transmission.
- A finger-prick test is all it takes*
- You can be assured that, if diagnosed with HIV, you can access free treatment and support.
This year we want to encourage the local LGB&T communities to 'Test Out', taking testing into the community.
Trade will be offering flexible hours and providing testing in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland LGB&T communities venues as follows:
- Saturday 17th November 12pm - 4pm - Splash Spa & Leisure, 61 Bedford St South, Leicester LE1 3JR (Self-identifying men only)
- Monday 19th November 12pm - 6pm - Trade Sexual Health Office, 27 Bowling Green Street, Leicester, LE1 6AS
- Monday 19th November 12pm -3pm - Splash Spa & Leisure, 61 Bedford St South, Leicester, LE1 3JR (Self-identifying men only)
- Monday 19th November 6pm - 9pm - Dover Castle, 34 Dover Street, Leicester, LE1 6PT
- Tuesday 20th November 3pm - 6pm - Loughborough Students' Union, Dance Studio, Floor 1, Union Building, Ashby Rd, Loughborough, LE11 3TT
- Wednesday 21st November 12pm - 3pm - Amigos Leisure, 30 Bedford St S, Leicester LE1 3JR (Self-identifying men only)
- Wednesday 21st November 5pm - 8pm - LGBT Centre, 15 Wellington St, Leicester LE1 6HH
- Thursday 22nd November 12pm - 5pm - Trade Sexual Health Office, 27 Bowling Green Street, Leicester, LE1 6AS
- Friday 23rd November 3pm - 6pm - Trade Sexual Health Office, 27 Bowling Green Street, Leicester, LE1 6AS
Say Yes to Test! - It starts with you, me, us and together we are stopping HIV.
* For more information about testing we provide click here: http://bit.ly/TSHRapid